Friday, December 11, 2009

Vacuum Sealer Getting a Workout

As you know by now I have been talking about the Vacuum Food Sealer & I can't say enough about it. This time of the year is when my vacuum sealer really get its workout. Since it is the time of the year that we are able to hunt whitetail deer, my husband & I process our own venison.

We will cut up the meat accordingly to make our own raw & dry sausage, roasts, steaks, stew and whatever else we think of. I have to plan ahead to make sure I have plenty of Foodsaver rolls on hand before this time of the year comes around. All of this meat is packaged via the vacuum food sealer & labeled to be eaten at a later time. If we are able we hope to get enough venison for the entire year until the next hunting season comes around.

2 comments:

  1. Food sealers, seems like, a great idea .It allows us, to store a lot, more food. You need to have a bigger freezer that is large enough, to accommodate your food, as a vacuum sealed food.
    ----
    irinox blast chiller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preserving food is a good idea and there is a lot of food which start getting foul smell even if in the fridge, so it is best to use vaccum sealer, which maintain the freshness of food. I'm Sue Sheriff .Thank for your share.

    ReplyDelete